NOTICE: On March 1, 2016, Wyoming enacted the enhanced NLC (e-NLC). The e-NLC, for RNs and LPNs, will come into effect when either 26 states have passed the e-NLC legislation or Dec. 31, 2018, whichever occurs first. You can keep informed about the progress of the e-NLC by visiting nursecompact.com, by reading updates in the Wyoming Nurse Reporter and checking the WSBN website.
- Enabling nurses to practice in-person or provide telenursing services to patients located across the country without having to obtain additional
- Allowing nurses to quickly cross state borders and provide vital services in the event of a disaster.
- Facilitating telenursing and online nursing education.
- Making practicing across state borders affordable and convenient.
- Removing a burdensome expense for organizations that employ nurses and may share the cost of multiple licenses.
Is your state ready to join the NLC?
Contact Your Legislatures